More Hercules Stuff
Although I like the look of the enclosed chain case it seems to offer more problems than solutions…
Feeding the chain through was a lesson in physics. Gravity was used to install and then there’s so little space to work at the hub to attach the master link.
Once the chain was installed it was rubbing on the inner guard! Even after adjusting it again there’s no way to see if the chain tension is correct. I’m not sure why the British were so obsessed with keeping the drive line enclosed and running in an oil bath….
It just seems overly complicated and fussy to me.
I’ve made do with some less than perfect cables that were on hand for the time being.
With luck I’ll find some NOS ones to complete.
Speaking of cables, these old style brake cables are equally annoying. Once installed and adjusted there’s hardly any room left to adjust them/ The front one was NOS and it’s close to being maxed out at the barrel.
I replaced the fulcrum cable stop with a standard SA version.
Despite my complaints it’s still a nice bike.
I put the paint lid cover back on and it’s now rubbing…
I’m going to give this bike a little “time out” and perhaps it will have time to reflect on it’s mistakes…
“Hey Lady!, Give this a squeeze.”