Progress has been made. Once again those cotter pins have proved to be difficult.
The drive side popped out with a couple of stern whacks of the hammer, the other side wouldn’t budge. I ended up drilling it out with no damage to the crank or spindle.
Judging by the grease inside the BB, this bike hasn’t been ridden in years. The cups look good so if the weather here in Toronto clears up it should be back on the road next weekend.
Front and back hubs cleaned and re packed with new tires courtesy of George at Parkdale Bicycles at 1428 Queen Street West.
Re assembly has started. I will replace the pedals with either some new MKS pedals or some old Raleigh pedals from the spares bin.
Starting to look like a bicycle.
I spent the afternoon yesterday stripping the bike and making a plan.
Hubs and rims cleaned up quite well.
Fenders are in good shape as well.
It came with this period wheel lock that I don’t think will be put back on.
Sadly, the cotter pins are frozen solid. I may need to visit George at Parts Unknown to use his press.